I am warning you.
This is an entire post on a pacifier, bear, and blanket.
While it may not be super interesting to read, it is part of Munchkin's little life.
And therefor should be documented on our blog.
Plus, it was a good excuse to dig up some super adorable newborn pictures.
I am kind of a strange Mom.
I have absolutely no objection to a pacifier.
Honestly, I love the pacifier.
Love it.
A newborn going to town on a paci that is half as big as their face.
There just isn't much cuter.
At the hospital, when my breastfeeding activist nurse told me repeatedly not to give my little guy a paci,
I listened.
When she was standing right there.
When she left, I put it back in and took pictures.
Karson continued his love for his paci when we got home, and for his first month of life.
Again, I am a weird Mom.
I used to try to get Karson to suck his thumb.
Because along with the paci, I think it is adorable!
The few times that he got it in his mouth and started sucking on his own, I cheered.
But, he only did it about 3 times.
Then 1 day, I Karson's paci fell on the floor, and I didn't have any clean ones to give him.
I always boiled them when they hit the ground.
The only one I had, was the soothie from the hospital.
That I had never given him.
He loved it.
He refused to take his other pacis from that point on.
Then all of a sudden, when he was 3 months old, he spit it out, and refused to take it anymore.
I bought every kid of paci I could.
Seeing if I could find one he would like.
Nope, he wanted nothing to do with them.
I was bummed.
Then he attached himself to his blue bear blanket.
I had 1, and he loved it, so I bought 3 more.
Then, after 3 months of trying every paci I could find.
Little man decided he liked it again.
And oh man, was my sweet little boy cute snuggled with his blue bear, and his paci.
I am well aware, that he had, voluntary, given up his paci.
And I had reintroduced it.
I told you, I am a weird Mom.
In my opinion, there are a lot of benefits to a paci!
Like, getting you 5 more minutes to finish dinner.
Like, comforting the hurt or sick baby.
Like, making an scary situation, a little less scary.
So yes, I got him to take the paci again.
And he is attached to the thing.
The blue bear blanket?
He decided it no longer was a comfort item.
Instead, he adopted his knit blanket, as his favorite.
One that was made for us.
One that I couldn't buy 3 of.
So, I asked the person who made it if she would make us another.
And she did.
It is yellow.
He didn't care.
He loved it anyway.
So the paci and the blankets became his favorite.
They are loved.
Very, very loved.
He carries them around everywhere.
Always.
So a few months ago, my Mom, Aunt, and Grandma taught me know to make another one.
It was a group effort.
Because, I don't sew or knit.
I knit for hours, upon hours.
Nap time on vacation?
I knit.
I knit, until it was finished.
phone picture, sorry
I was so excited when I finished.
He would love it, right?
Sure, it was a different color.
But so was the yellow one, and he loved that one.
Don't let the pictures fool you.
I gave it to him.
He said 'no', and gave it back to me.
Apparently it is too different.
He likes his white and yellow blankies best.
So, he comfort items still consist of his yellow and white blankets.
And his paci.
I have been trying for the last few days, to only keep the paci in the crib and car seat.
But it is hard.
He knows how to ask for it, and if he does, I give it to him.
Because, I am a firm believer that he will give it up when he is ready.
Your welcome orthodontists.
You will see us in the future.
One of my Mom's favorite sayings:
'Its not like he will take it with him on his first date.'
As for the blanket, I will never force him to give it up.
And please say a prayer that nothing ever happens to those 2 loved blankets.
EVER.









All three of my girls loved the pacifier which in turn made me love it too :)
ReplyDeleteI think it is so sweet that he loves his blankets that much!
How sweet that you made him one too!