I am over half way through this pregnancy already! How did that happen?! It seems to be flying by, and I am starting to get nervous about getting everything done.
* We found out last week, Karson will have a Baby Sister! We are so excited, and although DJ tries to hide it, he is just as excited as I am.
* At the ultrasound, Baby Sister was super stubborn, and didn't want to cooperate. Everything looks good, and she measured 19w 5d. I was exactly 20 weeks when I was there. Karson always measured about a week ahead, Baby Sister seems to always measure a few days behind. She hid one of her arms for the majority of the ultrasound. We were beginning to think she may be missing one, but she was just laying on it. We have to go back in January to recheck her heart. Not because there was something that alarmed them, but because she wouldn't let us see her heart at all. :) Because of family history, I go to a specialist to have my babies hearts checked. And of course, she wouldn't let us see it.
* Baby Sister has a name. But this time, we are keeping it a secret. I have to say, I love keeping her name a secret until she is here.
* I have been feeling really good. As long as I am careful with my reflux I don't get sick. Except...have you ever tried to avoid foods that are highly acidic?? I have a very hard time with this. In our house, ketchup is a food group. I love pizza, and apple juice, and peanut butter, and coffee, and chocolate, and spaghetti... Needless to say, I have a hard time avoiding the foods I shouldn't eat.
* I very rarely feel full. A problem on most days, when I could seriously eat everything in sight. On Thanksgiving, it is fabulous!! My Mom and one of my brothers even commented on how much food was on my plate. I ate it all....and got seconds. Thank.you.very.much! :) I have decided it is a must to be pregnant on Thanksgiving!
* Baby Sister seems to be so much laid back than her big brother. Karson NEVER stopped moving. At one point, he didn't move for a few hours, and my dr. sent me to the er to be monitored. If I went into the er every time Baby Sister didn't move for a few hours, I would be there numerous times a day! If I am up moving around she doesn't move, when I sit down, usually just went I go to bed and sometimes during the day (like right now), she moves around for about 10 minutes, then stops.
* Charlie Horses hurt...especially when you get 4 in the middle of the night. DJ is stopping on his way home from work for some bananas for me. Are bananas acidic?
* My insomnia is so much better! I got to bed between 9 & 10 and get up between 6 & 8. Except for the nights when Karson is up at 3am...which is like every other night lately. Then I am usually up for the day at 3, or fall back asleep at about 6 until he wakes up.
* My Mom kept every one of my dresses from when I was little in the Cedar Chest. We went though them this weekend...and well...they deserve a post of their own. Lets just say, there are A LOT of smocked gorgeous dresses waiting for Baby Sister to fit into them.
* I figured out what was causing my migraines...my braces. I called my orthodontist last week and told them they have to come off. My teeth may not be 110% perfect, but they are 100% better than what they were. Good enough for me! Plus...at almost 6 months along, with a 21 month old, I need to function. Karson doesn't quite understand 'let mommy lay on the couch all day because her head feels like it is going to explode.' They are coming off Saturday. Yay!
...and with that...I need to go find something to eat...
So excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteTry calcium for the charlie horse thing, I always heard potassium, ie bananas, but when I asked my Dr once, they said calcium. Worth a try maybe? Those are no fun!