DJ and I went to a meeting last night, without Karson. The meeting started a little after 7, and when asked if anyone of us were in a hurry, or if we wanted her to drag it out, I just mentioned I wanted to be home in time to put my baby to bed.
The reaction from every Mom?
"We don't want to get home until our babies are in bed"
"Ug...I hope my kids are in bed by the time I get home."
And then there was a comment I won't even repeat.
I went to an ortho appointment, without Karson, last week. I never walk into my dentist without Karson. We don't have a whole lot of babysitting options, and it is easy enough to bring him with me. The front desk's reaction...
"Milk it, & go sneak in a pedicure before you get home, for more time away."
"I was running out the door this morning to get away from my kids. They were driving me crazy."
"Run while you can!."
Am I the only one who cringes when I hear these comments?
Especially when Karson is with me.
My baby is not a bother...he is not an obligation...he is not someone to run from.
Karson is a blessing.
I don't usually use this word, but I HATE being away from him.
Why is it ok for Mommies to talk about our kids this way?
Why is it ok for Mommies to say these things, behind their child's back?
So maybe, I'm just odd. I would rather be with Karson every second, than leave him with a babysitter. I can't relax when I am not with him. Not because I don't think he is being cared well from his Aunts or my Mom, but because I miss him. I hate being away from him.
I blame my Mama...
Who was the exact same way with my brothers and I.
Who raised me to know that children are a blessing NOT an obligation.
She spent Sunday morning raking a huge leaf pile.
A leaf pile for my little boy to play in.
A leaf pile Karson had so much fun in!
As did Mommy, and Daddy, and Nana, and Grandpa, and Molly, and Maggie.
The full belly giggle came out. He had a blast!
He had a blast, because instead having DJ and my Dad pick up the leaves with the rider, Nana spent the morning raking them into a pile. For her grand baby to play in.
Because the extra time for our babies is worth it.
Because my Mom knows full well, that babies are a blessing.
And our time with our babies, while they are babies, should be cherished, not ran from.





Totally agree!
ReplyDelete