Monday, November 14, 2011

Karson {20 Months}

We took Karson to a barn down the street to get some pictures over the weekend.  I am still learning all about my SLR, but I love getting a chance to 'play' with it!  I apologize now, because there are a lot of pictures on this post!

Karson {20 Months}

My sweet little boy.  He learns so much each day.  Today, if I had a penny for every funny thing he said or did, well, I would have a lot of pennies! 


Our favorite conversation from today:
Mommy: "Karson say 'bug.'"
Karson: "buuubble."
Mommy: "bbbbuuuggg"
Karson: "buuuuuuubble."
Mommy: "buuuuugggggg"
Karson: thinks for a second....signs 'bug'...walks away
He tries so hard.  You can see his wheels turning.  He gets out the 'bu' and just can't stop yelling 'bubble!'  Instead of getting frustrated, he just signed 'bug,' and walked away.  I love sign language!

He signs often.  Over the weekend, DJ & Karson let Molly outside.  We don't have a fenced in yard, but Molly has such bad separation anxiety, she barely makes it off the deck before she is running back in the house.  Regardless, we always stand at the slider and watch. Karson knows we yell for her to come back in if she tries to wonder...which she rarely ever does.  DJ said K was yelling 'no!' out the window at her, and couldn't figure out why.  Then he signed 'snow.' He was yelling 'snow,' he just couldn't get the 's' out.  Signing has given Kason a wonderful communication tool!


He asks for help now.  It comes out 'hewl' and his interpretation of the sign for 'help' makes me laugh.  If he comes up to you and puts one hand above his head, & claps, he is asking for you for 'help.'  Likely, to fix his Nativity set.


He is dramatic.  He throws fits on the floor at the worst times.  He is a little boy.  He is learning. 


He and Molly...I love their relationship!  Karson loves her!  Molly loves him.  If he takes an extra long nap, she is usually found laying outside his bedroom door whining.  Karson thinks he is Molly's boss.  Telling her to 'shhh' when she barks.  He always watches her outside the slider when she is outside.


He loves tractors, and Daddy's truck!  I caved a little on my no riding on lawn mowers rule.  He loves it, and is always asking Daddy to ride on his tractor. 
of course, only riding slow, without the bade


Just when he was getting easy in church, he got difficult again.  He usually makes it 45 minutes before one of us has to take him out.  Last week, he lasted 15 minutes.  He was yelling 'mommy, mom, mom.'  Someone I don't know came up to me after the service and said they were thankful their little wasn't the only one screaming in church. 


He is stubborn.  Extremely stubborn.  He knows fully well how to say 'Nana.'  He refuses.  He also refuses to tell me what Santa says.  I broke his stubbornness today a little.  He finally said 'ho ho ho.'


Every time he hears a noise outside, he thinks it is either a tractor or an airplane. 


The work 'icky' doesn't just make him laugh.  It makes him absolutely crack up.  It always has.  Say 'icky icky bug' and the full belly giggle comes out!


He says 'uh oh' and 'mommy' all day long.   He usually says 'uh oh' at the most appropriate times.


I think he would live on YoBaby's Strawberry Banana Yogurt if I let him.  He always has , at least, 1 a day.  He insists on opening the yogurt himself.  And getting his own spoon.  If I don't let him, he is usually found throwing a fit on the kitchen floor.


He loves to watch Frosty the Snowman, and asks to watch it all day long!  Today he brought me a book with a snowman on it, and was saying 'no, no, no.'  It took me a minute to realize he was saying 'snow.'  He was so proud of himself.


If he wants you to fallow him, he comes up to you with his hand out, and opens and shuts it over and over.  He loves to show everyone his big bear in his room.  Or bring Daddy to his tractor.  Or bring me to the refrigerator to get him a yogurt. 


He loves to dance.  He is always asking to listen to music.  I love when there is music on, and he comes up to me with his hands out, wanting to dance.


He is part monkey.  I am sure of it.  He loves to jump.  On the couch...on the chair...on the bed.  He is learning this is not such a great idea.  
{no i do not believe in evolution}


When he sees a baby in a car seat, he tells us to 'shhh.'  With his little finger over his mouth.  We have a bassinet in our living room, and the baby's car seat in our room.  Whenever he sees them, he tells us to 'shhhh.'


I can not believe my sweet boy is 20 months old.  I can not believe that, tonight, when I got home from a LLL meeting, my sweet boy and I sat in the rocking chair together; sharing a bowl of granola and glass of apple juice. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, I think you did a great job with them...and your little one, well, he just makes the pictures all the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,Love the pictures of Karson. His sweaters are so cute and the ones where he is smiling so big he reminds me of DJ lol. He is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...