Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lately...

Fall is in full swing around here.  We may live at the end of a culdesac, in a subdivision, but we also live in a forest.  One that has a lot of trees.


 Trees that turn beautiful colors.


Trees that drop their beautiful leaves on our yard. 
Making it look like this on a regular basis...


 Which makes our driveway look like this on a regular basis...


 Did you know that when leaves sit in your driveway in a trailer for a few days, they STINKThey don't stink when they are sitting on your yard.  Why must they stink when they are in a trailer, waiting to be dumped somewhere?!


*******
We took him back to the pool last week.

DJ's face...probably meant 'you stink because you are sitting on a bench wrapped in a towel, getting warm. While, I, walk around in the freezing cold water.'

Karson has been to the pool a lot. 
He loved it here.
Not so much...here & here.
And the few other times we went that I didn't blog about.  
Because he never stopped crying.


He loved it this time.  It was cold.  So cold!  So cold that Mommy bailed for the bleachers and a towel.
The paci hid his blue little lips.



This one cracks me up.
He does this in the bath tub all the time...


FYI...if you happen to visit this pool, and sit on the edge of the hot tub.  Because you are pregnant and all so you can't actually get in the hot tub.  Don't so much as dangle your 20 month old's feet in the water.  You will get yelled at.  Because they will surely burn off & your kid will suffer a heat stroke.  Right...thank you 16 year old lifeguard for informing me of this...

******
Have you ever tried to take a picture of a 20 month old and a 2 month old??
Let me spare you the time and effort. 
This is the result...




I love that in every picture, Gavin is looking at Karson like his is absolutely crazy.

*****

If you know me IRL, you know I am a huge safety advocate.  Karson is still rear facing, and will stay that way until he is 2 and the snow has melted.  We cut up food little for him, he wears a helmet in the bike trailer, if he is on any kid of boat, he wears a life jacket.  I always told DJ, Karson would never be allowed to ride on the lawn mower.  Ok, so I have lightened up a little.  The aforementioned rules are still very much set in stone, but I caved  a little on the lawn mower rule.  Karson may ride with Daddy if, and only if, the blade is shut off, and they go very slow

Karson asks to go for a tractor ride all day now.


Every time DJ mowes, Karson wants on the tractor.  Except, because of the he may not ride unless the blade is shut off rule, DJ isn't actually mowing when Karson is riding.
Oh, and when they go slow, Molly thinks she can jump on, and ride too.


According to Molly
Rabbits & Small dogs: Terrifying!
Jumping on a moving lawn mower: No big deal...


doesn't Karson look thrilled?


 

Karson, say cheese!

which in Karson's world means smile, but don't actually look at the camera


*****
My SIL in Colorado sent me a picture this morning, of their 8 inches of snow they got last night.  And while I am very much enjoying fall, I am ready to curl up on my couch during nap time, with a large cup of coffee, and watch the snow fall!

Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. 1. I love your Fall pictures, the colors are amazing!
    2. That pool looks like so much fun!
    3. The pictures of the boys are DARLING!
    4. I gave you the Liebster award, check it out http://danna-3pinkcupcakes.blogspot.com/2011/11/award-and-our-day.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...