Did you know the first snow is magical?
I am sure of it!

I love the beach. I love the smell of my sun screened baby. I love watching him run and play in Lake Michigan.
But the snow...the snow is magical.
I love the snow!
Karson was sleeping when the snow started, and I was so anxious for him to wake up. I had everything sitting by the back door. Coats, hats, boots.... Then I realized the snow had changed. Instead of just a few flakes on our deck, it was almost covered.
And the snow was coming down hard.
So I broke a rule. A rule, we try hard to never break. I woke Karson up from his nap. He missed playing in the first snow last year, because he was sick. He wasn't going to miss it again this year.
yes I know, he doesn't have gloves on. he was less than thrilled about being woke up, and I wasn't about to ruin the magic that is the first snow, with a fight over gloves.
At first, he was confused, and wouldn't look up from the ground. When he realized how excited Molly was, he started giggling, and running across our deck. Dragging his feet in the little snow we had.
We walked around the house so many times. Karson saying 'Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!' & 'SNOW!'
He has been running to the slider all day, saying & signing 'snow Mommy snow!'
The snow is all melted now, but I am anxious for its return. I will have the snow gear waiting. Maybe next time Karson will actually be wearing gloves.
After we played in the snow...we warmed up with cuddle time and Frosty the Snowman.









No comments:
Post a Comment