Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Karson's New Room


It has taken me a long time to get these up...sorry.
I had so much fun with Karson's room at our new house.
His room is actually big enough for him to play in!!
I often drink my morning coffee on the floor of his room, while we read books next to his huge bear. 

His room still isn't completely done.  We need his crib for baby brother or sister, and are getting ready to transition him into his new big boy bed.   I realized I didn't include any pictures of his crib or dresser/changer.  They won't be there much longer anyway. We are waiting until we get his new dresser ready, and his new bed in there before we hang a few more things.  His crib is the same as it was at my parent's house.

{Please ignore his carpet.  It is old, and stained, but it is clean.  We decided we are going to replace all the carpet in the house, AFTER all our kids are potty trained.}

I love how his room came together!  The white shelf we bought to hold toys in my parent's house.  My Mom and I...ok mostly my Mom...are going to sew the letters for his name to hang above the magnet board & shelf.  The 'miracles happen' sign, Auntie Leesh made when I was pregnant with Karson.  Karson came...um...about 5 years earlier than planned, and the beginning of my pregnancy was full of scares. God knew what he was doing all along, and he is definitely our miracle!


Are you on Pinterest?!  You should be!  Because, you find awesome ideas like this one!!  An oil drip pan for a magnet board!  Karson loves it!  The same day we got it, I found a steal of a deal on jumbo magnet letters & numbers.  They are in the bucket, but usually can be found scattered around our house!


I laugh when parents say that stuffed animals are worthless.  Seriously, that bear is one of Karson's absolute favorites! He has a huge leopard my dad gave him too, that of course, is next to the dresser I didn't take a picture of.  He loves them!  I think everyone Mr. Bear rode with him in the cart at Costco with him saying 'oh wow' the entire time!  The sign above his closet says 'jesus loves me.'  Molly is often found chewing a bone in the middle of his room, anytime Karson is in there!  The basket holds all of his small stuffed animals.  



 Karson loving on his bear.  He usually will lay on him and read a book, or just sit there looking cute. The rocking chair was mine when I was little.  Karson loves to sit in it.  Plus, I think it is cute in his room!


The banner is from his birthday party.  The 1 is only on one side, so when he turns two, I can turn it around.  I have a larger one I am waiting to hang also.


A post on Karson's chicken wire frame here...


My favorite part about my baby's new room....


1 comment:

  1. I love his room! I love Pinterest too. They have such great ideas on there. So addicted to it hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...