Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I will be completely honest.  I am not a huge fan of Halloween.  Not because I think it is evil, or because I have a problem with littles dressing up in costume.  I do not like all of the scary that is associated with Halloween.  I do not like that, for whatever reason, girls think that just because it is Halloween, they get to dress sleazy.  I don't like that people think it is ok and funny to smash little's pumpkins. Yes, I am talking to whoever stole my kid's pumpkins, and smashed them last night!!!  

However, there are too many good  parts of Halloween  to completely write it off.  Going to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins, was fun.  Carving Karson's pumpkin last night cracked me up!  Watching him try to walk into neighbors houses when they opened the door, made us laugh.  We made good memories, and our little 'goggie' had lots of fun.

So...Halloween 2011...
Halloween started off rough.  Something was up with our Munchkin.  He hadn't been feeling well all weekend, and the rolling around the living room floor screaming and flailing for two hours in the middle of the night was a red flag to Mommy and Daddy.  Something was definitely hurting, and every symptom pointed to his ears.   He slept about 5 hours on Sunday night, which meant we slept less.  Called the pediatrician as soon as they opened and made him an appointment.  He was sad, and Mommy had the perfect fix...

    
Chocolate chip pancakes!  Because on Halloween, you might as well start the sugar buzz first thing in the morning.

And because it was Halloween and all, I though my Munchkin would like pumpkin shaped Chocolate Chip Pancakes.


He didn't.  Well, he would have.  Had he stopped crying long enough to try them.  But all he was interested in was snuggling Mama, and drinking his milk.  Poor baby.  We went to the dr., and of course, no ear infection.  Which is a good thing, but means he doesn't have anything wrong that is treatable.  Love that he didn't need an antibiotic.  Hate that he was still in pain, and there wasn't anything we could fix.  Ugg!

After a {short} nap and some Tylenol, he was a little better.  But likely, because Daddy was home, and Mama made him Pumpkin Shaped Pizza for lunch.  With a side of cheese, because he asked for it.


After lunch, it was pumpkin carving time....


Mommy does not touch the insides of pumpkins, so Daddy helped, while Mommy took pictures.
...and Molly begged for us to throw her tennis ball.


Happy Pumpkin Carving was interrupted when Karson dropped the spoon in the pumpkin.
The melt down ended when Daddy rescued the spoon.

 



Karson & Daddy with their finished pumpkin!
That some ridiculous kid stole while we were out Trick-or-Treating


And when it was time for a picture with Mama, Karson made it clear he would rather play fetch with Molly...


Throwing the ball off the deck, and watching Moll run for it cracks him up!



He was absolutely exhausted, and still didn't feel well, when it was time to Trick-or-Treat.  I was glad we had a fun  Trick-or-Treating plan for him.  We drove him to Nana's, Aunt Katie, Auntie Leesh, and DJ's parents to Trick-or-Treat.  He didn't need much candy, and we thought he would have more fun Trick-or-Treating at family's houses.

 
I would love to show these pictures to the kids that stole his pumpkins...yes I am a bit bitter about it still...




He figured out pretty quick what Trick-or-Treating was all about...CANDY!  He kept signing 'please' for more candy!



We didn't tell anyone we were coming to Trick-or-Treat at their houses.  We all live in the same-ish  town, so it was easy to drive from house to house.  We parked around the corner from Auntie Leesh's, so they wouldn't see us. 


Karson and his sad, tired eyes!


 I love that when Auntie Leesh opened the door and came out, Karson went running to her.  He hadn't quite figured out the Trick-or-Treating yet, so he had no idea he was going to get candy!


Walking up to Nana's house, to Trick-or-Treat.  He scored big on candy with Nana! :)


Karson loved getting to see the people he loves, and had fun eating his candy!  We stopped at Aunt Katie & Uncle Shawn's last, and he even got a popsicle.  I am looking forward to next year, when he really gets it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...