Wednesday, January 25, 2012

29 Weeks...2 Days


I counted how many weeks I have left before baby sister arrives...11 weeks until my due date...8 weeks if she comes when Karson did.  Oh my...so much to do before then!  A few pregnancy highlights...

*I have been feeling pretty well.  I still have problems with reflux & heartburn, and am figuring out what I can and can't eat.  Peanut butter is BAD...made that mistake one morning.  My doctor has switched my medicine a few times, but ended up being back on my original prescription.  It is working, as long as I am careful about what I eat.  Aside from that...I just have normal 3rd trimester aches and pains. 

*I finally went and did my glucose tolerance test.  The order has been in for...um...5 weeks, but I have been putting it off.  Bad roads...sick munchkin...dreading drinking that orange drink...blach! 

*At times, I feel huge.  Other times, I feel so much smaller than I was with Karson.  I'm sure it is just because I remember being at the very end with him, and I gained a lot of weight. 

*I have no idea how much weight I have gained, but I am thinking it is less than with Karson.  I was paying attention for a while, but I stopped.   I am not one to worry about weight gain, especially while pregnant. :)

*I told my Mom the other day that I am actually, kind of, enjoying this pregnancy.  Karson's pregnancy was not so much fun, and although I still have days when I don't feel well, I still feel 100% better than when I was pregnant with him.  On nights that I am not feeling well, I usually have DJ take over Karson duty for an hour, and go take a bath.

*I have started talking with my doctor a little about my birth plan.  We are requesting they delay cutting the umbilical cord.  We donated Karson's cord blood.  After doing some research and talking with my doctor, we decided to delay cutting it.  I have also asked that she is to be put on my chest immediately, and DJ and I be given time to snuggle her, before any exams.  But I also made it clear that in an event of an emergency, they ignore my requests and do what is best for Sister and I. :)  I absolutely love my dr, and trust her judgement.  I also told her they could just hook up my epidural as soon as I walked in the door.  ...so I'm not the poster Mama for natural child birth. :)

*I still get Charley horses at night...and they hurt.  :)

*Sister's room is almost done, I will post pictures soon.

*Karson knows where his sister is, he knows where her room is, and where she will sleep.  He will say her name if we ask him to.  I love hearing him say it.  Although, if you ask him "What is Baby Sister's name?" he says "nooooooooooo."  Daddy may or may not have taught him that, after people started asking him what we were going to name her. :)

*I have been craving peanut butter pie, and would like to have words with whoever decided to close all of our Perkins!

*Sister has started moving a little more.   She starts moving as soon as I try to go to sleep, and gets the hiccups all the time!  Lately I have been able to feel and see baby parts pushing out on my belly. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Kelly! This is such an exciting time for you guys! I can't wait to hear what her name is. The glucose test is just miserable isn't it? I am so happy to hear that you are feeling well, I just hope the heartburn stays away!

    P.S. I tagged you in a fun post, I hope you join in! http://danna-3pinkcupcakes.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...