Friday, January 13, 2012

Basement Play Room

Our old house was tiny.  Think the smallest house you have been in.  It was smaller.
I am not kidding.
And while we were great full to even have a house to call our own, it was too small.
There wasn't enough room for us to begin with, let alone extra room.  We had a full basement-but it was gross, and when feet of snow melted in a day, or when we would get flood rains, little 'rivers' came up through the cracks.  And it stunk in the summer...and we had to pay big bucks for a ventilation system.
Did I mention it was SMALL.
And old....and small.

I walked into our unfinished basement at our new house this week to find this....


I realized how truly blessed we are to have this house...


...because on a cold rainy day, my Munchkin has a huge room to run around in...with all of his outside summer toys.


Molly ran around in circles.  Karson giggled. DJ & Molly wrestled.  Karson giggled more.  He rode his big wheel, he put his bears in his cozy coop, he rode his tractor around, and played basketball with daddy.  He bounced around on his big ball, and pushed his tractors & lawn mower around.

 

It has ugly carpet....and I may never understand why it has two different kinds of carpet.
It has cement walls...ok I don't really know if they are cement...but they aren't drywalled.
It will be years and years and years before we can finish it!
But it is absolutely perfect for our little boy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...