karson is cutting 4 i-teeth and has a cold...he hasn't slept though the night since last week.
My babies double teamed me last night.
Sister very rarely moves. At least she moves a whole lot less than Karson ever did! Every once and a while, she makes up for her lack of moving. She chose last night to do so. I go to bed when Karson goes to bed....between 9 and 930. I laid down to go to sleep, which she made very clear was not going to be happening, so I got up....until she finally decided to go to sleep...around midnight.
Went to bed, and crashed.
Two hours later....
Munchkin started playing in his room. We are not CIO parents, and after a while, he started crying for Daddy, so we got up to get him. He had sad eyes, and wanted to snuggle. I tried laying him back in bed a few times, but he wanted nothing to do with it.
{yawn...i had only slept for maybe 2 hours at this point}
Karson and I had a waffle...at 5am. At 5:30 I finally told him he HAD to pick a toy to take to bed because Mommy HAD to at least get a little sleep. Guess what he picked?!
"Mowee, Mommy! Mowee."
I was desperate and exhausted...so we got the poor sleeping dog off the couch, Karson grabbed her collar and led her down the hallway. I locked my {almost} 2 year old and dog in Karson's room together. I was sure Molly was going to want out, and Karson was going to flip because 'mowee' wouldn't stay in his room...I went and looked on the video monitor.
Within 5 minutes, they were curled up together on Karson's bed...out cold.
...and then we all slept until 9:30.
My babies double teamed me last night...but that is ok...because I am blessed to have babies to keep me up....and Molly earned her keep for another year for being the only one that could get Karson back to sleep last night.
...and now I'm going to go make myself another cup of coffee.
{Did you know, DJ and I used to have a pit bull?! After too may aggressive behaviors, including chasing me across the back yard, DJ put her down. What I am trying to say is...I have done the 'mean dog' thing, and I would never lock Molly (a lab) in with Karson, unsupervised, if I didn't trust her. I know what dogs can be capable of...but I also know Molly. :)}
You poor thing! You must have been exhausted! What a sweet story though :)
ReplyDelete