Thursday, January 19, 2012

InstaFriday

Happy Friday.
And although it has been MONTHS since I did an InstaFriday post...I am linking up with Jeannett from Life.Rearranged today.

 

Baby Sister's room is almost done.
This picture makes it look like everything is pink... it isn't.
The top of the wall is really light pink
Benjamin Moore: Pink Cadillac to be exact.
The paneling we DJ painted tan, and all the bedding is going to be white.
Super simple!


 He loves bubble baths...loves them!
Occasionally, he gets more than 1 a day.
Just because.


He has had a cold this week.
He is also cutting all four iteeth.
Sad Munchkin.
Sad Munchkin that takes medicine HORRIBLY.
As in...you have to pin him down and pry his mouth open...and hope he doesn't spit all of it out.
After this process...he took the dropper, laid down, and started sucking on it.
Really?!?


Karson is obsessed with Thomas the Train. 
We don't have cable.
I don't know where this obsession came from.
I don't like Thomas the Train, but in an attempt to be a good Mom, and encourage his interests, he got a Thomas movie for Christmas.
He is now more obsessed.
He spotted this book...that came with trains..from 3 isles over at Costco and was so excited.
He had some Christmas money...so I got it for him.
Have I mentioned I really don't like Thomas the Train movies?!


A plate full of strawberries and yogurt....his favorite snack!
Ps...I took this picture right after he woke up one morning.
at 10:45
He skipped his nap the day before, and went to bed at his normal time.
This is exactly why we are so strict about his naps!


I love my new house.
It was extremely well taken care of.
However...the appliances are old.
Our hot water heater is super finicky...it can heat up the water, but it can't keep it hot.
So every morning, we have to drain the hot water heater (that is  full of kind of warm water) and let it heat back up, if we want to take a hot shower.
And if you want a semi long hot shower, you have to use the first tank...or you get a 2 second hot shower.
So when this pregnant Mama wants to take a bath in the evening to relax, I have to boil pots of water to use.
Because otherwise I have to take a cold bath.
And that defeats the purpose.


 We took his crib down in December...when he was 20 months old.
When we put it up in Sister's room last week, we caught him climbing in it.
Busted!


Nothing better than snuggle time!
If he would let me, I would still rock him to sleep.
But he won't.
So I take advantage of as much snuggle time as I can!!


He spiked a 102 fever on Sunday night.
I thought he was being fussy because of his 4 teeth trying to come in.
I was wrong.
The good news...he had it for a few hours Sunday night...then it went away and never came back!!


When Munchkin is sick all he will eat is smoothies.
I am super anti fast food, but he hadn't eaten all day, and I knew a smoothie would taste good to him.
So I sent DJ to McDonalds to get him a strawberry banana smoothie.
He downed the whole thing!
ignore the super gross nose


Karson's cousin came to play with us this week.
The two of them completely melted me!
It was just the three of us.
Karson LOVED playing with Gavin, and has asked about him all week!


Two of Karson's very favorite things....his 'B' and 'Mowee.'
I can't count how many times a day he yells at 'Mowee' for being too close to his 'B.'
He would have absolutely flipped if he saw Molly laying ON his 'B!!'
But it also melts me...because Moll and Karson are best buddies.
Karson was sleeping...and Molly missed him...so she slept on his blanket.


My Mom made Molly, and Maggie (her dog...but we basically share dogs) some toys for Christmas.
My weird dog, that doesn't understand she is really a dog, sucks on hers.
Then falls asleep...and continues sucking on it.

 
Do you know how hard it is to find plain white crib bedding?!!!
Seriously...it doesn't exist.  Unless I want to pay a WHOLE LOT of money...which I don't.
I wanted simple
I found the white bumper at Berlington Coat Factory....which I think is funny.
The crib skirt...my Mama made it for me this week.
I LOVE it!!
It is absolutely perfect!!

Linking up with Jeannet from Life.Rearranged.



life rearranged

6 comments:

  1. I found your blog through InstaFriday.
    I have a little one who loves her baths as well! At least it's an easy enough task to keep them busy for a little while! :)

    Your dog is so cute! I love that he was missing his friend and had to steal his blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor K, I hope he is feeling better! Teething is just awful! Abby is cutting two teeth right now and is simply miserable!
    I love little girl's room, that is some serious cuteness!
    The relationship that K and Molly have is so sweet, it's just what you would want it to be, precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little guy and hope he feels better soon!!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't stand thomas either!!!!! my son is also extremely obsessed!! Drives me crazy. Thomas doesn't make good choices and always gets into trouble. plus that darn song is so annoying, it gets me in the middle of the night all the time. sweet family. hope your little man feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karson is so cute! :)
    Also, I remember Thomas the Tank Engine from when I was a kid! Man that must be an old TV show now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like Thomas either - the shows/movies are so BORING. I don't know how they hold kids' attention but both my older boys love them.

    I hope your little munchkin starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...