Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Karson's Snowman

Before I had Karson, I worked at a Day Care, as the head teacher in the 2's room.  I have tons of art activities and lessons plans from my day care days saved to do with Karson.    Karson loves the Frosty the Snowman movie, and loves looking for snow each morning. Before Christmas, he was having a rough day, and we need a filler activity to get us through until nap time.  I got out some paint and a cut out the pieces of a snowman.
He had never painted before, and thought it was so much fun!

I wasn't sure what paint brush would be easiest for him, so I gave him two.  After explaining we don't eat paint brushes, he was back on task...



After he spread around the paint, I gave him the hat, eyes, nose, and mouth of his snowman and let him place them on his snowman wherever he wanted to.


He had so much fun making his snowman, and is very proud of it!  I love when DJ gets home and Karson runs to show him what he made while he was at work!


Karson's finished snowman....
 
sorry...phone picture

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Pre-kids I was the lead teacher in the 2 1/2 - 3 year olds room at a daycare. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...