My Mom says Karson has it.
She told me that the day he stood up and walked across the room.
At 8 months old.
Don't get me wrong.
Karson is a really good little boy.
But he definitely has 'the spark.'

Tonight, while DJ and I were sitting in the living room, he brought us the toaster.
Yes, the toaster.
We never use it, we always use the toaster oven, so it is in the cupboard.
Not every day your 1 1/2 year old brings you a toaster, so it took us a second to realize what he had.
I got up quick, and asked him to put it back please.
He looked at me and said "nnnnnnnoooooooo."
Not yelled, but very animated, and very exaggerated.
And very serious.
Oh boy.
DJ had to turn his head, because he was laughing so hard.
I told him again to put the toaster back.
He thew it.
He threw the toaster on the floor.
And ran away.
Oh boy.
I had to stop for a second and figure out how to handle this.
Books don't exactly cover....your 1 1/2 year old throwing a toaster!
He picked it back up.
He put it back in the cupboard.
We told him not to play with the toaster again.
But he is only 1 1/2 so who knows how much of that he understood.
Oh boy.
He definitely has 'The Spark.'

The chair that he is in is my Grandma's. My Grandma used to live in Florida, now she lives in Wisconsin. I have spent so much time in that chair on her porch in Florida. I know it is just a chair, but I love that my little guy likes to play in it. :)
LOL! Love those parenting moments.... ;)
ReplyDelete