Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Remember this post?
When I said I would never take away Karson's loved blankies?
Those blankies have been carried around for as long as he could carry them around.
And before that, we used them to cover him up.


Munchkin LOVES those blankies!


I even knit him one.  For an extra back up!
It took me HOURS!


A while ago, he started pulling on the stitches.  
Making long loops. 
I kept sewing them back into the blanket, hoping it was a phase, and he would stop.


He didn't. 
Last week I went to get him out of his crib.
He has pulled a long loop out, and put it around his neck.
I started crying.
I walked out into the livingroom with him, and told DJ we had to take them away.
I was a mess, I hated that we were taking away something he loved so much.
He is too young to understand why his loved blankies disappeared.


I left with Karson, giving DJ strict orders to hide the blankets
Karson and I were headed to Target to pick out new ones.


To my surprise, Karson took to them like nothing happened.
The first night he looked for his knit blankets, but when he couldn't find one, he crawled up on our laps with a new blankie.


I still feel bad about taking them away.
But I know it was necessary.
And I am so thankful nothing serious happened.
Being a Mommy is so hard sometimes!

Yes, his crib is always that full of stuff.  He loves his stuffed animals! Yes, he always sleeps on the pillow.  I took this picture an hour ago, and he is probably in the exact same position.  He will likely be in the exact same position when he wakes up.  He sleeps like his Mama. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...