Friday, October 7, 2011

A Train, Books, and a Pumpkin Spiced Latte

Last week, it rained, all week.
 Literally, every singe day, all week!
Which meant no outside time
Which meant a little boy, who was going stir crazy!
Which meant a Mama who was going stir crazy!
One afternoon, he woke up from his nap really early.  I remembered a high school teacher telling us one day that his son loves to play with the train track at Barnes & Noble.  Karson has been on a big book kick lately, and I thought he might like the train.  Plus, there is a Starbucks in our Barnes & Noble.  They can make a decaf Pumpkin Spiced Latte for a pregnant Mama.

 


 My sweet boy loved every second.  You could see his little engineering wheels turning as he tried to figure each and every piece out.


There was the sweetest little boy there, who was also playing.  
(made sure not to get him in a picture...because I would be weirded out if some stranger was taking a picture of my kid)
He was by far the sweetest little boy I have ever met.
Karson would take a train from him, and I would remind my 1 1/2 year old to share.  Even though he has absolutely no idea what sharing is yet.  

The little boy's comment every time: 
"Its ok.  He is just little.  He doesn't know any better.  He may play with the train.  There are many others for me to play with." 

Seriously?!  Kudos to his Mama because she did a fantastic job!!



 engineering brain at work...

He played for the longest time, with that perplexed look on his face. 


 he really wanted to figure out what happened when he twisted it...

He played for a long time, while I enjoyed talking to sweetest boy in the world's Mama, and drank my decaf Pumpkin Spiced Latte.  


When he was done with the train, I sat him down in front of a display of board books.  I was probably the talk of the store.  I let him pick any book he wanted to look through.  I let him take any board (aka: Karson friendly) book off the shelf he wanted to.  I made sure every book got put away where he pulled it from.  We read  a lot of books!  He loved it, and even found a book all on his own about dancing, that plays music.  He brought it to me, pushed the button, and started dancing.

Karson got a new book out of our trip!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. He looks in deep concentration mode. And I'd like to hire that nice little boy to train all of my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karson is such a cutie :)
    I'm sorry to hear that it rained so much, they are forecasting a week of it here this next week. Boo.
    It sounds like you guys had such a nice time!
    I love their pumpkin spice lattes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...